Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- (h/t @DaraPurvis) twitter.com/annehelen/stat… 4 days ago
- Why are people still lining up to defend Roy Moore and Al Franken? They each have acted egregiously badly, pure an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- OMG. No. I can't. #SecondhandEmbarrassment #ReadingIsFundamental 😯 twitter.com/DaraPurvis/sta… 1 week ago
- OK--this just made my day. twitter.com/BuzzFeed/statu… 3 weeks ago
- Preach twitter.com/greatist/statu… 3 weeks ago