Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- Stop what you are doing and read this thread. The whole thing. Then retweet and/or save it. twitter.com/grollman/statu… 3 days ago
- OK--I legit almost cried when I listened to this. So honored to have been at Lauren and Emily's wedding, and so pr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Brilliant twitter.com/legalnomads/st… 3 weeks ago
- Exactly. Saying, "Well, they knew what they were getting into when they came to the U.S....", displays a shocking… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- #ImWithHer twitter.com/laurenbaer/sta… 2 months ago