Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- Beautiful--Happy Friday! twitter.com/NatGeoTravel/s… 18 hours ago
- Fantastic photos, great advice twitter.com/TEDTalks/statu… 3 days ago
- Fascinating twitter.com/YaleLawSch/sta… 2 weeks ago
- #DressGoals #TravelGoals twitter.com/TravelNoire/st… 3 weeks ago
- Exactly. @realDonaldTrump won, not because of fake news, but because people knew this about him and voted for him… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago