Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @laurenbaer: Skip the lines on Election Day and vote early! #FL18 voters received their vote-by-mail ballots almost two weeks ago. Send… 2 hours ago
- RT @WSJ: Thousands flock to the remote, lawless Sahara in search of gold on.wsj.com/2COgOGg https://t.co/8bo4DUeAmx 16 hours ago
- Regardless of political affiliation, if you are interested in politics--particularly as they are playing out in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Don't miss an opportunity to work with and learn from the impressive @jehabig! twitter.com/public_rights/… 1 day ago
- Fascinating way to think about career development twitter.com/JamesClear/sta… 4 days ago