Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- Gorilla trekking = #Goals twitter.com/EverydayAfrica… 6 days ago
- I love this lizard photo so much! twitter.com/lonelyplanet/s… 6 days ago
- This is amazing on so many levels twitter.com/mashable/statu… 6 days ago
- Attacking my day like: twitter.com/TheEconomist/s… 1 week ago
- For some reason, this photo is really speaking to me today twitter.com/TheEconomist/s… 1 week ago