Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- Super-random, super-interesting read twitter.com/TheEconomist/s… 3 days ago
- Fascinating twitter.com/NeelaGhoshal/s… 3 days ago
- I just supported Yale Law School yale.edu/givelaw #SupportYale 1 week ago
- Fantastic advice, co-authored by the brilliant @BlairTweeted | Seeing your way to better strategy bit.ly/2RofSvF via @McKinsey 1 week ago
- Super-cool; more stories like this, please! twitter.com/TravelNoire/st… 1 month ago