Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- Um, yes, and I live alone! twitter.com/TheRoot/status… 2 weeks ago
- This is such an inspiring read. twitter.com/Intrepid_Trave… 2 weeks ago
- Rolling into the day like.... twitter.com/NatGeo/status/… 2 weeks ago
- My mom's jollof rice (with meat, obviously), plus mai mai, fried plantain, and ukwa. #OneLastAfricanMeal twitter.com/okayafrica/sta… 2 weeks ago
- So inspiring twitter.com/laurenbaer/sta… 3 weeks ago