Now that the Olympics are around the corner, I can’t help thinking of another future Olympics site: Brazil. I feel that I only scratched the surface of the country during my trip there, and I have heard that, in the lead-up to the 2016 Olympics, a lot has already changed and will continue to change in the country. I hope to see the changes for myself one day, especially in Rio de Janeiro, as this was my favorite city of the ones that I visited during my short trip to Brazil. One of the city’s icons is this statue: Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer), atop Corcovado, overlooking Rio. I only got to see the statue from afar during my last trip; hopefully, on my next trip, I’ll be able to catch the train up Corvocado and see Cristo Redentor up close!
Top Posts & Pages
- #ImWithHer twitter.com/laurenbaer/sta… 19 hours ago
- RT @laurenbaer: Yesterday was a good day for women who look & think like America. When our elected officials represent the diversity of thi… 4 weeks ago
- Absolutely fascinating: "You know, if you don’t get confirmation from the outside of who you are, it’s difficult. B… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- My team is hiring! 1. Product Operations Manager, Community Operations (London): lnkd.in/gtRCP2y 2. Produ… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @laurenbaer: ICYMI: the RNC is committing $250 million to retain control of the House. RT if you're ready to take back the House and fli… 2 months ago