There is a lot to love about Portugal. The people are kind, the nightlife is fun, and both the architectural and natural parts of the landscape are breathtakingly beautiful. One of my favorite things about Portugal, though, is the food. From the delicious seafood to the world-famous wines, my taste buds and belly were always sated during my trip! My only regret is that, since I was traveling solo, I didn’t get to try cataplana, a traditional Portuguese seafood dish that, due to its size, can only be ordered by at least two people. Oh, well–another reason to go back to Portugal! Despite this disappointment, the food that I did get to eat (with one exception) has earned Portugal a solid spot amongst my top five food destinations in the world. Read on to discover all of the tasty treats that you should definitely try (and one “specialty” that you should definitely skip) when you make it to Portugal!
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @EverydayAfrica: Mohammed Mboudou, covered in natron dust, a sodium based mineral found in pockets of the Lake Chad basin left behind as… 1 day ago
- I've signed up! #Resist twitter.com/ASDem/status/8… 1 day ago
- Agreed! twitter.com/BuzzFeed/statu… 1 day ago
- Adorable! twitter.com/TravelNoire/st… 3 days ago
- Stop what you're doing and read this. twitter.com/TheEconomist/s… 1 week ago